Tuesday, June 12, 2012

father's day


 I love my dad, and since Father's day is coming up soon, I made him something homemade, 1. Because I didn't have any money, and 2. It feels more original and sincere that way, of course!

So that's why I got a plain (yellow!) paper bag and covered it with green stars with my star puncher (which Emily said looked like boogers!), and I made him a coupon sheet (inspired by this), and a home-made card made with my brand-new cardstock and again, star-puncher (I swear, I would die without that thing!)


Some of the coupons include the "Alyssa 'Shut Up' for 30 minutes" coupon, a free back-rub for 15 minutes, a "Pissy Alyssa will turn into Happy Alyssa" coupon, a coupon for 10 free compliments, a Free gift of his choice (a 20 dollar limit), and Breakfast in Bed (since my dad wakes up at 4:00 AM on weekends, I put 8:00 AM- 11:00 AM just so I won't have to wake up at three to make pancakes and coffee :)


 Then I tried to make some of the words connect to the stars I put all over the card (I didn't have any creative thinking at the time) and it ended up with "You SHINE brighter than any dad in the world!" Then inside, I wrote on the left side "No matter where I go in life, or who I'll get married to, you'll always be my number 1 man." Then at the right side, I used some black glitter letters and some pink fabric and wrote I <3 YOU! and then covered the border with stars. The whole card was trying to make him feel like a good dad, who shined above all the others (in my opinion :)

Oh, and I made my little sister make her own card for my dad. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©2012 Oh, Hello Sun.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Alyssa and Oh, Hello Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.